ABOUT THE COURSE
The Diploma in Event Management (DEM) is a program that leverages on a unique learning opportunity in the combined disciplines of event and management. Students pursuing the program will be exposed to the ‘know how’ and will obtain ‘hands on’ training on both the event and management areas of practices. As such, students of the program are expected to be competent to handle the common event practices as well as becoming the forefront supervisors and lower level managers who can advise on the routine decision-making process of the job scope.
G.C.E / London / Edexcel O/L
*For more information about intakes & course fee, please liaise with the Counselling & Communications department.
- English for General Purposes
- Tourism & Leisure Environment
- Introduction to Events Industries
- Information Technology for Service Industry
- Event Design and Production
- Event Planning
- Accounting Principles for Service Industry
- Public Relations for Event Industry
- Events and Tourism Marketing
- Community Service
- Time Management
- Management Principles for Service Industry
- Human Resource Management for Service Industry
- Cultural and Heritage in Event Management
- Cost Accounting for Event Industry
- Computerized Graphic for Service Industry
Full Time: 18 Months
Four months industrial placement upon successful completion.
- Event Coordinator
- Corporate Event Planner
12 to 24 months of further study to complete the bachelor (hons) degree in event management at management & science university – malaysia / colombo or at over 40 leading universities worldwide.