ABOUT THE COURSE
The Diploma in Event Management (DEM) is a program that leverages on a unique learning opportunity in the combined disciplines of event and management. Students pursuing the program will be exposed to the ‘know how’ and will obtain ‘hands on’ training on both the event and management areas of practices. As such, students of the program are expected to be competent to handle the common event practices as well as becoming the forefront supervisors and lower-level managers who can advise on the routine decision-making process of the job scope.
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Skills Development under TVEC Sri Lanka.
- English for General Purposes
- Tourism & Leisure Environment
- Introduction to Events Industries
- Information Technology for Service Industry
- Event Design and Production
- Event Planning
- Accounting Principles for Service Industry
- Public Relations for Event Industry
- Events and Tourism Marketing
- Community Service
- Time Management
- Management Principles for Service Industry
- Human Resource Management for Service Industry
- Cultural and Heritage in Event Management
- Cost Accounting for Event Industry
- Computerized Graphic for Service Industry
1 ½ Years
Four months industrial placement upon successful completion.
February / May / September
Ordinary Level Passes in G.C.E. / London / Edexcel
*For more information about intakes & course fee, please liaise with the Counselling & Communications department.
Deadline for applications are 2 weeks before the commencement date:
To enroll you are required to come in person with a passport size 06 colour photograph, all educational and work experience documents and meet our Counsellor or chose the online enrollment option to pay by credit card or through bank.
- Event Coordinator
- Corporate Event Planner
- Recruitment Consultant.
- Sales and Events Coordinator.
- Venue Coordinator.
- Project Assistant/Executive.
- Communications Officer.
- Events Consultant/Manager.
12 to 24 months of further study to complete the bachelor (hons) degree in event management at management & science university – Malaysia / Colombo or at over 40 leading universities worldwide.
Contact the Course Coordinator
Hot Line: +94 770 777 880